CinnaBUTTER Coffee – Wake Up to a better cup
Tired of the same old K-cups? Why not give yourself something to look forward to with your morning cup of Joe? Even better, how about a cup of coffee that not only tastes great but is also healthy for you AND won’t break your fasting routine? If this sounds interesting to you then I’ve got another practical solution for you to try – I call it the CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup.
I’ll give you two versions of the CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup to try – the super simple, super fast, anyone-can-do-it version and the Pimp My Cup AwesomeR version.
BONUS: Add CinnaBUTTER Coffee to your AM Ritual to take your morning routine to new heights!
CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup Recipe
If you just want the recipe without all the details, here it is, however, if you want to know more about why it’s healthy, how it relates to fasting, and get some tips for taking this coffee and more to the next level, keep reading.
CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup Super Simple Recipe
- Put a ½ Tablespoon of Grassfed Butter in the bottom of your coffee mug
- Brew your favorite cup of coffee into the mug that has the butter so it melts the butter as it pours into it.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on the top.
You can use your regular K-Cup for this version of the recipe or any other regular coffee that you normally brew. The goal of the super simple CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup recipe is just to introduce the idea to you and kick up your regular cup a notch with flavor while also allowing you to experience the potential health benefits of this coffee. This is a speedy way to enjoy the CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup for those in a rush – you’ll get 75% of the overall benefits from using this method and anyone can do it.
How long does it take?
How fast can you cut the butter and sprinkle the cinnamon? It adds about 30 seconds to your normal routine.
What about my cream and sugar?
I encourage you to at least try the CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup without any additional cream and sugar. The flavor is already there so you shouldn’t need to add anything to it. Also if you add cream on top of butter it will end up breaking your fast. And if you add sugar, you’ll really spike your blood sugar. Add them if you must and you’ll enjoy the flavor but try to work yourself towards the non-additive version so you can get the health benefits too.
CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup – Pimp My Cup AwesomeR Recipe
- Put a ½ Tablespoon of Organic Grass-fed Butter in the bottom of your mug.
- Grind fresh coffee beans.
- Simple: use a motorized coffee/spice grinder.
- Advanced: practice mindfulness and use a ceramic burr-grinder for the freshest possible taste.
- Brew your coffee with a French Press or an Aeropress (my choice) – pressing it into the mug that has the butter.
- Sprinkle organic cinnamon onto the top.
- Stir with an organic cinnamon stick.
- Smell the amazing aroma.
For the Pimp My Cup AwesomeR version of the CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup we’re moving beyond instant coffee, K-Cups, or even pre-ground beans. Here we want only the freshest beans, we want to brew them with a French Press or an Aeropress (see below), we’re using organic grass-fed butter, organic cinnamon, and we’re adding an organic cinnamon stick into the mug at the end too. The goal here is to get the best possible experience. We’re being mindful when we use our ingredients (thus the hand-crank ceramic burr grinder and that use-anywhere Aeropress). And we’re using only the best ingredients. Our goal is taking time to turn the simple into the extraordinary vs. rushing through life.
OMG, How Long Does All This Take?
Don’t be afraid of this method from a time standpoint. It’s not like it takes forever. If you use the motorized spice grinder it adds about 30 seconds total to the process. If you go the hand grinder that will add a good minute. The French Press or Aeropress adds another 2-3 minutes. So what’s the total additional time? Let’s call it 5 minutes. Is 5 minutes of additional time worth it to get the full experience of the CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup Pimp My Cup AwesomeR experience? I think so, but I encourage YOU to give it a try for yourself and let me know.
CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup Tools of the Trade
This section gives you some tips on what I use to make my CinnaBUTTER Coffee cups. Where available I’m including some Amazon affiliate links – remember I only recommend products I actually use myself and to learn more see my Trust Guarantee. Pick these up on Amazon or find them at your local store. Enjoy…
- Favorite Butter – I’ve been using Vital Farms grass fed, pasture-raised butter and KerryGold Irish Butter. Use whatever version you prefer but move beyond the run-of-the-mill butter because a lot of your flavor will come from the butter so don’t skimp on this important ingredient.
- Favorite Coffee – Lots of options here. Try to expand your horizons a bit. Yes, you can use your K-Cups but trust me when I say that there is a difference between K-Cups and using coffee grounds. Right now my favorite beans are Sprouts Mountain Gold – it’s bold, rich, and even has hints of chocolate in it. I also like using Organic Colombian Coffee beans as well.
- Did you know most places that sell coffee beans have a grinder that you can use for free? Try it, because even if you don’t grind at home, you’ll get a better flavor and aroma by using coffee grounds vs K-Cups, etc.
- Coffee Bean Grinders: The reason to grind at home is to experience the freshest coffee aromas and flavors. Did you know that coffee beans lose their freshness just a few hours after grinding? If that’s true then you’ll want to grind at home. Now if you really want to blow your mind with aroma and incredible fresh flavor try the hand-grinding – it takes a minute or two but its nice. That said, if you are not ready to go there just yet, then at least use a coffee/spice grinder — you’ll get 80% of the benefits of fresh grounds. Here’s what I use:
- Electric Coffee/Spice Grinder: Epica makes a great grinder that I use all the time.
- Ceramic Burr-Grinder Hand Crank: For about $20 you can get all the benefits of the super expensive ceramic burr grinders with a manual press. If you want to know more about ceramic burr grinders check out this article. Meanwhile, the one I use is called Javapress…
- Aeropress: This is a take-anywhere way to make your own fresh coffee in under 5 minutes with just coffee grounds and hot water. I have another article about the Aeropress, there’s tons more online, and there’s even a Wikipedia page for Aeropress. The bottom line about Aeropress is that it’s inexpensive compared to a french press and yet many believe it provides a better cup. Pick up one on Amazon using this link.
- BTW, the pic doesn’t do it justice – check out this video too…
- Cinnamon: Lots of options here. I’ve always been a fan of McCormick’s spices, but here are a few options. Find them on Amazon or your local grocer…
- Hot Water/Tea Kettle: If you are going to to the Aeropress route, you’ll need a way to heat hot water quickly. I love using an electric tea kettle – it’s fast, you can control the temp (Aeropress recommends 175-185 degree hot water), and easy to pour.
Do you use something else besides these tools?
If so, please share your tips with me.
Why is the CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup Healthy for you?
Assuming you are not adding cream and sugar to the cup and that you are not using coffee with any artificial sweeteners, etc, then you should be able to benefit from the potential health benefits of this style of coffee. I say potential because I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV. That being said I’m not the first to tout the benefits of adding healthy fats to your coffee or the pro’s of using cinnamon in your diet.
I always encourage people to do their own research and if need be talk to your doc or nutritionist but in the meantime consider the following…Benefits of Healthy Fats like grass fed butter:
1. Ecowatch: Why Grass Fed Butter is One of the Healthiest Fats on the Planet.
2. Dr Axe: Benefits of Grass Fed Butter
3. Paleo Hacks: How to use Grass Fed Butter
4. ManyEats.com: Health Effects of Butter
Benefits of adding Cinnamon to your diet:
What about my fasting? Will the CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup break my fast?
One of the best things about the CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup (either version) is that it won’t break your fast AND it fits in great with an Intermittent Fasting routine. I’m a big fan of Intermittent Fasting and I have an article with lots of tips for that lifestyle.
Using grass fed butter is great because not only do you get lots of flavor but you also get access to ‘good’ fats to use as an energy source and brain-food during your fasting stage. Can you say Double-Bonus? Remember there are no carbs in the butter or we don’t want to add any to your CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup so we can stay in the fasting stage. But you do need energy and that butter provides a great way to bridge yourself to the end of your fasting period.
For me, a single cup of CinnaBUTTER Coffee takes me all the way through to the end of my 16-hour fasting cycle.
As for the cinnamon – again using it is for more than just flavor (although let’s not overlook the fact that cinnamon is great tasting and there was a famous Seinfeld skit from “The Dinner Party” episode about cinnamon too.
What’s super important about cinnamon for our purposes is that cinnamon regulates blood sugar and while were in the fasting stage we want to ensure we’re using energy from fat not carbs so we can get all the benefits of the Intermittent Fasting routine. Cinnamon helps us to do that.
Do you see the magic of the CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup?
To use the old ad line… it tastes great AND it’s less filling!
CinnaBUTTER Coffee Cup – Give it a try
OK, it’s time to stop reading and start brewing.
Give the Cinnabun Coffee Cup a try and let me know what you think. I’m guessing you’ll find yourself happy you gave it a try.