In this article, we’ll show you how to cancel your YouTube TV subscription. Why might you want to do this? Because in July 2020 Google opted to levy a massive 30% price increase – bumping YouTube TV from $50 per month to $65 per month. We believe there are now better alternatives for cord cutters to consider and therefore are recommending you consider cancelling YouTube TV.
I’ll show you how to cancel your YouTube TV membership AND I’ll also tell you what my family is choosing instead of YouTube TV too.
Hi, I’m Mike, That Helpful Dad. I’m just an Average Joe who ditched cable a couple years ago and moved to watching TV online. I’ve learned a lot along the way and my reviews and tips may help YOU learn how to stream tv online and save a lot of money. Enjoy!
A Sad Day
Although we previously awarded YouTube TV our “2020 Editor’s Choice” Award for the Best Streaming Service, with Google’s decision to jack up the price by $15/mo and only add a few meaningless channels in return, we decided YouTube TV was no longer the best option for us and therefore chose to cancel.
If you want to cancel YouTube TV, here’s how…
How to Cancel YouTube TV Subscription On Your Computer.
It’s pretty easy to cancel your YouTube TV Subscription online. Just follow these steps:
- Visit https://tv.youtube.com/
- Make sure you are signed in – you’ll know you are signed in, if you see your picture/google id in the top right hand corner of the screen. If you don’t see your id, then be sure to sign in.
- Click on your id icon and then choose SETTINGS from the drop down menu. It will look like this…
- Once you open the Settings Menu, you’ll see “Membership” on the LEFT Side and you’ll see all the Subscriptions you have in your Google Account.
- Look for YouTube TV and then be sure to click on the small box to the RIGHT of YouTube TV (next to the price). That’s where you can “Pause Or Cancel Membership” for your YouTube TV Subscription.
- YouTube TV will encourage you to simply “Pause” your membership and that’s fine if you want to do that, but there’s really no harm in cancelling completely – after all you can always restart the service later if you like. So if you really want to cancel then be sure to choose the CANCEL MEMBERSHIP Option. Here’s what it looks like…
- YouTube will ask you to give a reason for your cancellation. Click whichever applies (Hint: Choose COST!).
- Then be sure to select the “Continue Canceling” button.
- This is the final screen you’ll see and it requires ONE MORE CLICK – be sure you click the button for “Cancel Membership” to complete the process of cancelling your YouTube TV Subscription.
CONGRATULATIONS – you have successfully cancelled your YouTube TV Subscription.
Why I Ditched YouTube TV & What Streaming Services I’m Recommending Now
Video Description: A YouTube TV Price Increase July 2020 of 30% was hard to swallow and because of it (and other reasons) I’m cancelling YouTube TV and using other streaming tv apps. In this vid I’ll review what I’m recommending and show you how I’ve drastically cut our family’s overall costs.
Notes from the video:
- Locast (Locals): https://www.locast.org/
- Disney+: https://www.disneyplus.com/
- Netflix 4k: https://www.netflix.com/
- Pluto TV: https://pluto.tv/welcome
- Streaming Devices – Amazon Firesticks: https://amzn.to/2VAw3dn
- Wifi Mesh – Google Wifi: https://amzn.to/3gfpDZ9
- Shop HD Antennas: https://amzn.to/2xxQ3Ei
- Browse Amazon CHANNELS: https://amzn.to/33UaIyQ
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/TheHelpfuldad/
- Watch all our Streaming TV Vids: click here
What to Read Next?
If you liked this article, check out these too…
- Amazing Product Alert – Wonderience Sauna Tank Top for Gym, Home, Office, and moreI recently discovered a great new product called the Wonderience Waist Trainer Vest which is a Hot Neoprene Sauna Suit in the form of a … Read more
- Best Gym Headphones – Over the Ear Wireless EditionIn this article, I’ll give you my tips of the best over the ear wireless headphones for the gym. Best Gym Headphones TL:DR If you’re … Read more
- Remembering Christ’s Disciples – whose fear and weaknesses is like our ownWe live in troubled times – just like the disciples of Christ did. We are plagued by feelings of fear, weakness, pride, anger, and more … Read more
- How to choose the Best SONOS products for your wireless home music systemOver the last couple of years my family has been upgrading our home audio system and our home theater system inside the house and on … Read more
- How to Optimize Your Energy and Overcome FatigueReaders of my blog know how much Intermittent Fasting (IF) has changed my life for the better – I started with IF back in 2017 … Read more
- Product I can’t live without – How I use my BED OF NAILS to destress and find peaceA few years ago I told you how I discovered a Bed of Nails acupressure mats and that I loved it so much I put … Read more