Are you seeing a blank yellow or black screen on your tv while watching via an Amazon Fire TV Stick? This very problem happened to me while watching Netflix on my Firestick. Luckily I found a fix for the Amazon Fire TV Blank Screen dilemma – the solution worked for me and I wanted to share it with you.
Before the problem, my Amazon Fire TV was working just fine…
I was watching a Netflix show and then suddenly the screen went completely yellow and looked like this…
Is it a TV, HDMI, or an Amazon Problem?
When the Amazon Fire TV Yellow Screen problem first happened, I thought maybe the issue was with my Samsung TV or the HDMI cable.
- First I checked the other ‘source/inputs’ on the tv and since they were working fine I figured it wasn’t a tv problem.
- Then I checked the HDMI cable and inputs on both ends and that too seemed fine.
- It was during the process of checking both the tv source/inputs and the hdmi cable that I discovered that the problem was related to the Amazon Fire TV itself.
Here’s how I learned it was an Amazon Fire TV issue – when I unplugged and replugged the Fire TV Stick into the tv’s HDMI port I noticed that the Amazon Fire TV Home Page came up briefly and then a few seconds later the screen went completely yellow. I repeated the test and the same thing happened.
Now that I knew it was an Amazon Fire TV issue I went online to search for answers. Luckily I found one!
Amazon Fire TV Yellow Screen or Black Screen Fix
Apparently the Amazon Fire TV Blank Yellow or Black Screen is related to screen resolution settings that manage the resolution “communication” between the Amazon Fire TV and the TV itself. For whatever reason that communication got interrupted and needed to be reset. The fix for that is easy to do but not something you’d likely figure out on your own.
Under normal circumstances, when there is a problem with the Amazon Fire TV, the fallback fix is to simply ‘reset’ the Fire TV from the Settings Menu. Unfortunately you can NOT get to the Settings menu when your entire screen is yellow!
So how do you fix it?
Luckily there is a hidden solution you can do with your Amazon Fire TV Remote…
Press and hold the ‘up’ & ‘rewind’ buttons in your Amazon Fire TV Stick remote for 5 seconds
Here’s where the buttons are…
When you press the Up and Rewind buttons on the Amazon Fire TV Stick for 5 seconds you will trigger a reset of resolution ‘communication’ between the Fire TV and your TV. You’ll know it happens when you get a screen like this…
And that my friends is the fix for the dreaded Amazon Fire TV Yellow Screen. It worked for me and I suggest you give it a try too if you are facing this issue.
Amazon Fire TV Blank Screen Fix References.
I didn’t discover this fix on my own and instead found it on the internet. Here are the helpful sites I learned it from…
- Amazon Fire TV Troubleshooting Tips
- Amazon Fire TV FAQs
- Reddit Thread on Amazon Fire TV Blank Screen Fix
What to Read Next
- Sling TV Price Guarantee vs YouTube TV Price Increase
- How to Cancel Your YouTube TV Subscription
- 2 Best Stainless Steel Cookware & 1 Brand I Do NOT Recommend
- Gifts for Dad – 10 Great Gifts Ideas for Men for Fathers Day, Christmas, Birthdays, and more
- Best Cooking Product DALSTRONG KNIVES | 2020 Editor’s Choice Award