Search Google By Date – Article Summary
Are you trying to search Google for specific topics organized by DATE – such as search results for the last day, month, or year? If so, this article and video can help you. I’ll show you…
- How to use the TOOLS menu to FILTER Google search so that you only see search results from the past year, past month, past day, even past hour.
- How to filter Google search results for a CUSTOM Date Range.
- How to SORT the Google search results BY DATE (instead of relevance). What this means is that you can sort results by oldest to newest or newest to oldest instead of just seeing the results organized by Google’s algorithm.
- And more.
- This article is part of a series of tips about how to use various Google Products to make life easier.
- This particular tip applies to Google Search via the full desktop version of Chrome. Unfortunately Google Mobile doesn’t offer the “Tools” drop-down feature any longer – thanks for Brian Burke for pointing this out to the group.
Search Google by Date – Tips & Screenshots
In this section, we’ll show you screenshots for how to set up a FILTER so that you can search Google by date.
This is the step-by-step process on how to get Google’s search results to show by the most recent Year, Month, Week, Day and past hour. It also works if you want to filter Google’s search results by custom dates too.
How to FILTER Google Search Results by Date
- Enter you search terms in Google as you normally do.
- Click on the TOOLS menu (to the right of Settings on the Search Menu under the Google Search Bar) to begin the Search Google by Date filtering process.
- Click on the ANY TIME drop down menu and instead choose to FILTER Google Search by latest year, month, week, 24 hours, or hour (OR) choose “Custom Range” and enter your own date range.
- Enjoy your filtered results.
How to SORT Google’s Search Result by Date
Another useful technique that allows you to search Google by date is to use the SORT feature. This allows you to bypass Google’s search results algorithm so that you can see the MOST CURRENT NEWS about your topic.
- First you have to set up a search by date range – i.e. you have to use the Tools Menu and pick a TIME range as we did above (search by hour, day, week, month, year, or custom).
- After you do this a new drop down filter will appear. The default setting is ‘sort by relevance’ as you can see in the first picture below.
- You want to click on the ‘sort by relevance’ and choose the ‘sorted by date’ option from the drop box – as you can see in second picture below…
How to Search Google by Date – The Video
Wanna see all this in video tutorial form? We got you covered there too.
Search Google by Date – Conclusion
Did this article teach you what you wanted to know about how to search Google by Date?
Do you have another method that works better? If so, please let me know.
Additionally if you tried this method and it did NOT help you search Google by date please let me know so we can keep this article updated and all learn together.
Thanks and Happy Searching!
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
If you enjoyed this article about how to search Google by date, you may also enjoy these other tips too…
Thanks for visiting with us today – be sure to visit our homepage and subscribe to our blog – you’ll get all my tips by email AND a boatload of free gifts to download. Enjoy!