Lodge Dutch Oven – For Camping, Kamado, Frying, and More
I use the Lodge Dutch Oven with lid for frying and baking on my Kamado Joe. What’s great about this dutch oven is the following:
- it allows me to GREATLY EXPAND what I can cook on my kamado – the ability to safely fry in the Kamado is huge and it adds a whole new set of options for me to use my KJ for!
- the lid fits snugly which makes it safe to use for frying.
- It conducts heat efficiently.
- The wire handle makes it easy and safe to pick up.
There are multiple size options. I like the 5 Quart but there is also a 7 Quart if you want to go bigger. Either way, the LODGE Brand is the one you want because it’s time-tested quality will last you for years to come.
TIP FOR AMAZON – be sure to check the Amazon Warehouse, you can often find these there and save some money.
Lodge Dutch Oven Amazon Description
The Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven is a multi-functional cookware that works wonders with slow-cooking recipes. It comes with a tight-fitting lid that helps lock in nutrition and flavor. This pre-seasoned Dutch Oven works like a charm right out of the box. Made of cast iron, this Dutch Oven evenly distributes heat from the bottom through the sidewalls. Also, it retains heat better so your delicious meal remains warm for a long time. Sporting a stylish black color, the cast iron Dutch Oven looks good in most kitchens and it doubles up as an excellent source of nutritional iron. It features loop handles for convenient handling and the oven is easy to clean and maintain.
A simple Cast-Iron Dutch Oven, like the one your grandmother used, still ranks as one of the best cooking utensils ever made. It gives you a nearly non-stick surface, without the possible harmful fumes generated by preheating chemically treated nonstick cookware.
Many of the pieces of cast iron cookware made in the Lodge Foundry over a century ago remain in use today.
Lodge Dutch Oven Features:
- Made of cast iron
- Pre-seasoned and ready-to-use
- Multi-functional cookware
- Virtual Non-stick surface
- Works with induction stove tops
- Brutally tough for decades of cooking
- Wire bale handle
- Easy to clean: hand wash, dry, rub with cooking oil
- Use it with a variety of heat sources: oven, camp fire, Big Green Egg, Kamado Joe, and more
You can find this item in a lot of places. For example here is a link to find it on Amazon: