Coronavirus Updates – This page is updated daily with news. The situation with the pandemic COVID-19 (AKA Coronavirus, AKA as Coronavrius 2019-nCoV, AKA SARS-CoV-2) continues to change rapidly as new info emerges. Because there is no much misinformation out there, I decided to start a Coronavirus Thread on ThatHelpfulDad.com as a place to gather what I see as credible information from what I believe are trusted news sources such as Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Johns Hopkins University, BBC, U of Michigan Medicine, WorldOMeter, Wikipedia, Our World in Data, National Geographic, Live Science, NY Times, NPR, Reuters, Washington Post, 60 Minutes, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University, US Dept of Education, US State Dept, National Education Association, Harvard Business Review, US Dept of Commerce, and many more.
If YOU have a link to suggest, please add it to the comments below so we can review and potentially add to this page too. Shout out to Tim Ferriss for starting this idea.
Hi, I’m Mike, That Helpful Dad. I am not a doctor, financial adviser, etc and I am not attempting to give medical, financial, or any other advice. I’m just an Average Joe who likes to curate interesting content and share it with my readers on this website. In this case, I’m collecting COVID-19 news links for use by my family and storing the info here. I am making this page available to my readers to use the info as you see best.
CORONAVIRUS MAPS & REAL TIME TRACKER
Want to visually see MAPS of Coronavirus cases in the World, USA, or even your local area? Check out these Coronavirus Trackers…
- CDC Global Map of Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
- CDC Coronavirus Disease in the United States (excellent tracker for US & State Info that is updated regularly)
- Johns Hopkins Medicine: Real Time Map of COVID-19 Cases from Johns Hopkins and the Center for System Science & Engineering.
- Our World in Data – Coronavirus World CASE Tracker
- Our World in Data – Coronavirus TESTING Tracker by Country
- WorldOMeter Coronavirus Case Tracker with Daily Updates
Want to better understand what the Coronavirus is from a medical or basic background info standpoint? Here are some great resources.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus Main Page
- CDC Coronavirus Situation Summary (great overall background info)
- Johns Hopkins University (JHU) Coronavirus Main Page
- JHU Backgrounder on Coronavirus (pdf)
- JHU Diagnostic Testing for nCoV
- JHU The Genetics of nCoV
- Journal of Medical Virology: What is a Coronavirus? Understanding Coronavirus Infections & Immune Responses
- National Geographic – What Coronavirus Does to the Body
- Published References from Medical Journals on COVID-19 (lots of links here)
- Twitter – Essential People to Follow re Coronavirus
- Wikipedia Coronavirus Main Page
- World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus Main Page
Want to know about Coronavirus testing, or what are the common symptoms of the Coronavirus, or about COVID-19 Transmission & Mortality Rates? All that is here…
- Forbes: Can You Get Coronavirus TWICE?
- LA Times: They survived the coronavirus. Then they tested positive again. Why?
- Live Science: Can People Still Spread Coronavirus AFTER they recover?
- Live Science: How does the Coronavirus Spread?
- Live Science: What are the Symptoms of the Coronavirus?
- Nature: The Proximal Origins of SARS-CoV-2 (trying to answer the question IF the virus was man-made)
- NY Post: 86% of people with coronavirus are walking around undetected, study says
- NY Post: Coronavirus Survivors May Suffer from Reduced Lung Function
- Reuters: Coronavirus can persist in air for hours and on surfaces for days: study
- Wired: How long does the Coronavirus last on surfaces?
- WorldOMeter Coronavirus Incubation Period
- WorldOMeter Coronavirus Mortality Rates (including comparisons vs other viruses)
- WorldOMeter Coronavirus Symptoms
- WorldOMeter Coronavirus Transmission Rates
How does the Coronavirus Compare to the Flu or Common Cold? Find that info here…
- Boston.com: How to tell the difference between coronavirus, seasonal allergy symptoms
- Hopkins Medicine: Coronavirus vs Flu Comparison
- Irish Sun: What are the first symptoms of coronavirus and how do they differ from cold or flu
- Live Science: How does the Coronavirus Compare to the Flu?
Read or watch personal stories from survivors of the Coronavirus here…
- 7News AU: UK doctor describes progression of symptoms of coronavirus
- BBC: Coronavirus: Stories of Self-Isolation
- BoredPanda: “To The Rest Of The World, You Have No Idea What’s Coming”: Man Lists 6 Stages Italy Has Gone Through (This is a MUST READ)
- BuzzFeed: A Mom From A Small Ohio Town Is Recovering From The Coronavirus. She Wants Everyone To Know What It Is Really Like.
- CBS News: Coronavirus patients describe symptoms: “The fever is so high that you hallucinate”
- Forbes: The New Coronavirus Cues? Listen To Idris Elba, Tom Hanks, Bill Gates, And Naomi Campbell
- FoxNews: Colorado nurse says she’s feeling better after long bout with COVID-19
- NY Post: Seattle Nurse Who Survived Coronavirus Shares Her Early Symptoms
- Women’s Health: I’m A 42-Year-Old Woman Who Got The New Coronavirus. This Is What It’s Been Like
- YouTube: Patient Stories Page
Is there a cure for Coronavirus? Not yet, scientists are actively working on potential drug treatments to help patients with Covid-19 as well as possible vaccines to prevent the spread of Coronavirus in the future. Because there is so much information, we have created a separate page to track this content. Click the pic to visit this page…
What is #FlattenTheCurve?
Wanna know what the # FlattenTheCurve means? You’ll find that here.
- Fast Company; The Story Behind Flatten The Curve
- Forbes: Why Everything Is Closing For Coronavirus: It’s Called ‘Flattening The Curve’
- National Geographic: How They Flattened the Curve during the 1918 Spanish Flu
- Science Alert: This One Graph Shows Why ‘Flattening The Curve’ Is So Critical For COVID-19 Right Now
- StatNews.com: Why ‘flattening the curve’ may be the world’s best bet to slow the coronavirus
- U of Michigan: Flattening the Curve for COVID-19: What Does It Mean and How Can You Help?
- Washington Post: Why Outbreaks Like Coronavirus Spread Exponentially and What that Looks Like (4 Simulations of Coronavirus Spread) (really impactful)
- YouTube: Let’s Flatten the Curve of Impending Covid-19 Spread
Want links to Coronavirus News Pages that are constantly being updated? Find that here…
- BBC Coronavirus Main Page
- News.Com.AU – a broad overview of Coronavirus News updates
- NPR Coronavirus News Page
- Reuters Coronavirus Main Page
- Washington Post Coronavirus News Tracker
- WorldOMeter – Collection of Expert Opinions on Coronavirus
COVID-19 News Articles (Specific, Interesting/Helpful Journalism Articles)
What about long-form articles about capture interesting stories about The Coronavirus? Find that here…
- 60 Minutes Report on the Coronavirus
- AP: Who is Dr Anthony Fauci? How Dr Fauci explains Coronavirus to Worried Public
- Forbes: China And South Korea Models Seem Like Only Way To Contain COVID-19
- Medium.com: Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now?
- NY Times: Your Nose Itches and You Wonder if it’s Coronavirus
- South China Morning Post: Coronavirus: China’s first confirmed Covid-19 case traced back to November 17, 2019
- The Hill: The search for Patient Zero of coronavirus — and why it’s so important
Wanna listen to a podcast or radio show about COVID-19? Or how about watching YouTube Vids – here are some links for that too.
- BBC Coronavirus Podcast
- CNN Coronavirus Podcast
- JHU PODCAST with Q&A
- Mayo Clinic Coronavirus Podcast Series
- NewScientist Podcast on Coronavirus
- Northwestern University Medicine School Coronavirus Podcast with Microbiologist Karla Satchell, PhD
- SiriusXM Audio on Coronavirus (and use Station 121 for live updates)
- White House Live Streaming Events
- WHO Coronavirus Update – VIDEO
- YouTube Coronavirus News Update Page
Trying to prepare your family to protect yourself vs Coronavirus and looking for some tips on COVID-19 Prepping? Find that here…
- 60 Minutes Report – Should You Wear a Facemask?
- American Red Cross: Coronavirus Safety and Readiness Tips
- CDC Cleaning and Disinfecting Recommendations vs Coronavirus
- CDC How to Prevent COVID-19 Spread in Communities (at home, work, school,etc)
- CDC Mitigation Strategies for Communities for Local COVID-19 Transmission (pdf)
- CDC Pandemic Preparedness Resources Page
- CDC Protecting Yourself and Your Family from COVID-19
- FL Dept of Health – Guidance for High-Risk Populations vs Coronavirus
- JHU Recommendations for Hospital Safety vs COVID-19
- Market Watch: Should I go to the gym? Should I go to a restaurant? Your guide to staying healthy during the coronavirus pandemic
- Tim Ferriss Twitter Updates on Coronavirus
- Washington Post – Using Social Distancing to protect against the Coronavirus
Concerned about what the impact of the Coronavirus will have on the US School System? Here are some helpful links…
- CDC Checklist for Teachers, Parents, and Administrators
- CDC FAQs on Coronavirus and Children
- CDC Guidance for Schools vs Coronavirus
- National Association of School Psychologists – Talking to Kids about Coronavirus (a Parent Resource)
- National Education Association – Schools and Coronavirus
- National School Board Association – Preparing for Widespread Illness at School (Leadership Guide)
- US Dept of Education Coronavirus Main Page
COVID-19 Travel Safety Links
The Coronavirus has devastated travel. #StayHome is a real thing to help us mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak, but if you must travel, you’ll benefit from these Coronavirus Travel Tips…
- CDC Travel Safety and Risk Assessment Page
- CDC Cruise Ship Travel vs Coronavirus
- Forbes: Complete Coronavirus Travel Guide—The Latest Countries Restricting Travel
- JHU US Travel Screening Recommendations
- US Dept of State Travel Advisory & Restrictions
- US Dept of State Travel Twitter Page
- Wikipedia Travel Restrictions due to Coronavirus Page
We haven’t even begun to see the economic impact of all the lost business that is happening now because of the Coronavirus. World economies may take some time to recover – what does it all mean for YOUR family’s finances? Read these articles to learn more…
- BBC – 8 Charts that show Coronavirus Impact on World Economy
- Bloomberg: Coronavirus will change how we shop, travel, and work for years.
- Capital Economics – COVID-19 Economic Impact (Charts)
- CNBC – Coronavirus impact on the global economy and markets
- CNN Business – 2 Scenarios on Economic Impact of Coronavirus on US Economy
- Forbes – Rolling Recessions Are The Likely Economic Impact Of New Coronavirus And COVID-19
- Harvard Business Review: Making Sense of the Economic Impact of the Coronavirus
- Investor’s Business Daily – How To Protect Your Retirement From The Coronavirus Stock Market
- Reuters: ‘D’ word rears head as coronavirus-hit markets brace for recession
- Seeking Alpha: Beware the Prophets of Doom
- US Chamber of Commerce – Coronavirus’ Economic Impact
- Wikipedia – Socio-economic Impact of Coronavirus
- For More visit our page devoted to Coronavirus’ Impact on the Economy…
Suggest it in the comments below…